Google
Coaching DVDs at Championship Productions

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Direction - "Play Ball"

In May of 2008 I stepped away from Baseball after over 30 years of coaching. My coaching experiences, while mostly in High School, have given me a unique education for my recent new endeavor, Umpiring. I appoligise for not keping up this Blog with Baseball coaching articles over the past few years but, when I broke away I made a complete break. After playing the game from little league to Division 1 College Baseball at UCLA in 1973-74; to a professional level through Independent Baseball (Portland Mavericks 1974 NW League); to coaching High School Baseball, youth baseball and Community College Baseball - I decided to take up Umpiring. Why not? I had been a player, a coach, why not an Umpire? Playing and coaching the game at any level is difficult, especially the higher up you go. But, Umpiring - we're talking awhole new skill set. I have found a new appreication for officiating of any sport at any level. I have been in the Long Beach unit now for 4 years, (currently completing my 5th) worked probably 50 to 60 games each year and still polishing my craft. I look forward to the years ahead in this new position of the wonderful game of Baseball. All the Best. "Play Ball"